That was all that the woman would share when Delta team’s expert trigger man, an Australian named Ryder, pulled her from the pits of a human trafficking nightmare and took the gun from her hand.
He didn’t mean to steal her revenge but survival was the priority. Now that Victoria was home? She had a past he was trying to understand while keeping a secret from her that might tear her apart.
But he’s not the only one. When she goes missing, Delta team discovers that Victoria No Name was a one-woman vigilante force, taking on whoever crossed her path, from gun runners to a drug pushing motorcycle club.
She was exactly who Ryder thought she might be, and now he was coming in to help—whether she wanted backup or not.
*trigger warning: this book deals with hints of rape and recovery from it*
I haven’t been drawn into a romantic suspense book like Delta: Redemption since my days of reading Suzanne Brockmann’s books. While I’m brand new to the prolific world that Cristin Harber has created around the Titan Group, I recognized right away that I’d found a series (and author) that would scratch that itch that Brockmann did for so many years.
At 325 pages, Redemption is filled with everything that a reader looks for in a romantic suspense novel: action and a beautiful love story. Harber kept me on the edge of my seat from almost the first page to the last, my heart racing as the book edged towards its conclusion.
What I liked:
- I think every reader can relate to Victoria. Right away I recognized how strong she was despite her age. At 22, she’s an accomplished bounty hunter and PI who goes all-out to prove to her hometown of Sweet Hills, that she’s worthy of their admiration and trust. But when she’s victimized by a human trafficking ring, she loses confidence in herself. Her journey towards learning to trust herself again is something anyone of us can understand and has probably gone through even if we hadn’t been kidnapped and raped.
- Ryder is a dream. A quiet Alpha that is rock steady as he helps Victoria find her way back, he’s got his own secrets and heartache. He’s looking for acceptance as much as she is, but his story is much more subtle in its revelation.
- The romance between these two was… mature. I know that sounds boring, but they weren’t boring in any sense of the word. There’s much said about their ages, but their road to happily ever after is filled with respect as much as it’s filled with chemistry and affection.
- The action is fantastic and plays out visually on paper. I was continuously in awe of the intricate plot which included Russian bad guys, outlaw motorcycle clubs, gun-running, and a variety of government organizations getting in everyone’s way.
What I didn’t like:
- Delta: Redemption follows about a gazillion books in Cristin Harber’s Titan Group series and spinoffs and more books written by other authors in the Titan World. I haven’t read any of the previous books. And, while it’s said you could read this as a standalone, there’s just too much of the series as a whole woven into Redemption, including some big plot points. I often felt like I was missing part of the story, which I was. This led to more moments of confusion than I would’ve liked and it took away from the overall experience.
4 stars for Delta: Redemption. Heat level: 3
I received a copy of Delta: Redemption from InkSlingerPR and the author in exchange for honest feedback.
Delta: Redemption was published in July 2017 by Mill Creek Press.
Read the entire Titan & Delta series:
The Titan Series:
Book 1: Winters Heat Free on Amazon!
Book 1.5: Sweet Girl Free on Amazon!
Book 2: Garrison’s Creed
Book 3: Westin’s Chase
Book 4: Gambled
Book 5: Chased
Book 6: Savage Secrets
Book 7: Hart Attack
Book 8: Sweet One
Book 9: Black Dawn
Book 10: Live Wire
Book 11: Bishop’s Queen
Book 12: Locke and Key
The Delta Series:
The Delta Novella in Liliana Hart’s MacKenzie Family Collection:
The Only Series: (a prequel to Titan & Delta)
ABOUT CRISTIN HARBER
Cristin Harber is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author. She writes sexy, steamy romantic suspense and military romance. Readers voted her onto Amazon’s Top Picks for Debut Romance Authors in 2013, and her debut Titan series was both a #1 romantic suspense and #1 military romance bestseller.
Team Titan Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1411308265771683/