I saw this via Twitter on author Jessie Lane’s page:
In your status line list 10 books that have stayed with you. Don’t take more than a few minutes. Don’t think too hard. They don’t have to be great works, or even your favorites.
Just the ones that have touched you.
1. The Stand by Stephen King
2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
3. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
5. I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
6. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
7. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
8. Anthropology of an American Girl by Hilary Thayer Hamann
9. Me Before You by JoJo Moyes
10. Lord and Master by Kait Jagger
Make no mistake, this list could go on forever. It was tough to choose and at least one wasn’t the best book I’ve ever read, but the characters stayed with me for such a long time as I revisited their choices and motivations. Some are on this list because they are my go-to book when I don’t know what to read or when I’m out of sorts and need a particular character to ground me.